09 December 2012

My Simple Farewell

I want to say this announcement comes with both deepest regrets and excessive excitement. And I understand those are opposite emotions. But as hard as it was to come to this decision the prospect of the future is thrilling and makes me feel alive. So this is my way of saying au revoir to the beautiful country of Australia and hello to my homeland, at least temporarily.

I have really come to love this place and all the people that have made my life here something worth writing home about. But I am ready to take the next step in my life and proceed with a future and at this stage the best choice for me is to go reconnect with my family while beaurocracy battles with my paperwork.

So depending on where you live will likely change your reaction. If you are in Australia you can celebrate my sarcastic departure, may your country be a little freer from the humor you struggle to embrace. And for those in Canada you can rejoice knowing that I will be coming back to bake you granola bars.

Regardless I hope that you can be happy for me. Because for once I am putting myself first and that means getting my ridiculous body checked out and getting healthy. It means spending time with  my grandma and coming to terms with everything I ran from. I am going home so I can continue growing up and progressing.

This has been the greatest escape of my life so I can only hope that the next chapter is half as beautiful and full of love as this has been. This place and it's people will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment