05 April 2012

Maybe I Am That Girl

I have spent years trying to fight stereotypes. Paving my own path and forcing it to be one that was not what was expected. I someone have always felt a sense of defiance when it comes to being the expected. I didnt go to my graduation as I didnt want to wear a dress. I spent my mornings before high school at the gym instead of doing my hair. I just wanted to stand out in a sense where I wasnt being seen almost. I wanted to be different but not obtain any attention from it. That has always been the mentality I have had. I never wanted to be that typical mormon girl that went to university just to meet someone to marry and then make a million babies. I wanted to be strong and independent and do things my own way. I didnt want to be fussed over, I wanted to be in charge.

And here I am. With a two and three combining to make an age. I am beginning my seventh year of university, although it will really end with six and a half and never reach a seven. I am unmarried and I dont have a zillion children. And I have spent this time being defiant and not spending my mornings doing my hair and not looking for guys that would fuss over me.

And with all of that being wrote, I think maybe I am that girl. Maybe I really am that girl that wants a fairytale. That wants to meet someone that adores me and makes me feel like a princess and makes me want to do my hair and not be so independent. Maybe I really do want a wedding where everyone smiles as they see me smile and then to have a zillion babies. Maybe I really am not that different.

No comments:

Post a Comment