13 August 2011

Dressing Bad is Like Loving You, There's Nothing I Havent Worn

Resonance. Lyrics continue to shape my thoughts, perhaps because I seldom am without music playing, perhaps because they make more sense to me than any other form of expression. Regardless, I have been mulling these ones over for days. Dressing can be stressful for me. I have a lot of clothes and nothing I havent worn. I can toss clothes around the room frantically wishing I could find the right article for the situation. My closet and baskets are in dire straights as they are overflowing the brims. Yet its all in an attempt to not dress poorly. To put on the most accurate image of myself as people see you before they get to know you.

And somehow this brings me back to falling in love. To the times when I look back and see where my emotions were so misplaced and just like me dressing bad. Putting on something that would never work. The times when I misunderstood love and just wanted someone there for the sole purpose of being there. When I would have worn anything.

Time passes. People change. Dressing bad is less frequent. Loving you is becoming more plausible. Time to clean out the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment