09 January 2011

The Truman Show

"We accept the reality of the world of which we are placed"

Maybe we are clones. Maybe our lives are just the Truman Show and everyone else is sitting at home laughing as we go about living on TV. Maybe we are pawns in someones game, or robots. Maybe we are just dreaming all of the things we think are life. And maybe we are individuals struggling to make our paths as we live on earth.

But none of that matters. The actuality of existence and what we perceive as reality is insignificant because that doesnt change what we accept as reality. So what reality is does not matter at all. We are here and that is all there is to it. We come to terms with our life on earth and that we have a purpose. Some people dont look for a purpose they do as they feel and some spend their whole life searching for that purpose.

But how many people really just spend their life living? I dont. I spend it worrying and stressing and trying to please people and myself and trying to accomplish things and change the world. But in all of that stress and trying I usually miss the mark, whatever mark that is.

I want to get to a point where I can just accept my reality, accept that this is how my life is right now and just live it. So tonight I am going out to live, instead of sitting here wishing the past was not my past. Its time to live, even if my life is the Truman Show and everyone is at home watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment